Terms & Conditions
All contracts made under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Ireland. All disputes arising out of the Terms and Conditions and/or Contracts entered into with breac.house shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Ireland.
Please note that any use of www.breac.house means that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
- All bookings must be fully prepaid online at time of booking. This payment includes a non-refundable deposit of €25 per room per night.
- Room reservations are only confirmed once guests receive a confirmation email from email@example.com.
Reservation Cancellation Policy
We realise that plans cannot be set in stone—if you need to modify your reservation we will do our very best to accommodate you. Any changes in dates must be within the same calendar year and must be notified to us at least 21 days prior to your arrival date, otherwise the cancellation policy below applies.
- In the event that you need to cancel completely and you notify us more than 21 days before the date of arrival, then the total cost less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded. If the cancellation is less than 21 days then a cancellation fee of 75% of the total cost applies. If the cancellation is less than 7 days before the date of arrival, then a cancellation fee of 100% of the total cost applies.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and are not valid until a guest has received a cancellation confirmation from Breac.House from email@example.com
- In respect of group bookings, the 21 day and 7 day notification & cancellation periods referred to in the preceding paragraphs shall be 30 days and 14 days respectively (for 2 rooms) or 45 days and 21 days respectively (for 3 rooms).
- In the event of a partial cancellation (e.g. cancellation of 1 night of a 3 night stay), the policy outlined above will apply in respect of the cancelled night(s). Any partial cancellation is subject to a minimum consecutive 2 night stay - accordingly, a request to partially cancel a reservation resulting in a one night stay only will be treated as a full cancellation of all nights and treated as outlined above.
- Where a booking is changed to a different season or year, where the room rate is higher or lower than that paid for the original booking, the difference in rate will be payable or refundable.
- Guests are strongly advised to obtain travel insurance to cover the cost of potential cancellation fees.
Facilities and services
If you let us know of any dietary special requests, we’ll do our best to make sure we get everything just right for you.
We do our utmost to keep everything at Breac.House running smoothly but occasionally something might not quite go to plan. We accept this as part of life and don’t accept liability if a facility is out of action or a guest chooses to take part in an activity at their own risk.
We have bicycles available for guests to use. Guests understand & acknowledge that there is a possibility that an injury or accident could occur while cycling. All guests engage in this activity entirely at their own risk and Breac.House bears no responsibility for any injury or loss whatsoever that may be incurred.
With feedback, we expect the Breac.House retreat to evolve, so please talk to us if there is something you think could add to the experience.
Breac.House Online Shop & Vouchers : Terms and Conditions of Sale
If you are interested in purchasing any products from our online shop (www.breac.house/shop) please read the terms and conditions below carefully, as they outline the basis upon which we supply any of our goods to you. If you proceed to order goods from our website www.breac.house/shop, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Payment & Order acceptance
All orders received online are subject to availability. You will receive an email confirming your order request but acceptance of the order only takes place when your goods have been dispatched. Payment must be made in full at the time of ordering online before any order can be accepted. If your card issuer rejects payment for your order, or if the online order form is not fully or properly completed, the order is not confirmed and the goods will not be dispatched to you. We also reserve the right to decline or cancel any order at any stage and in all such cases a full refund of any payment made will made directly to the purchasing cardholder's card.
We will do our best to despatch orders as quickly as possible. We use our national postal service, An Post, for all deliveries. Delivery times will vary depending on your location. Please allow 2-3 days for Ireland and Northern Ireland , 5-7 days for Europe and up to 10 days for Rest of World. If an item is out of stock or if despatch is going to be significantly delayed, we will notify you via email. You will be given the option to cancel if you would rather not wait. If you need your order very urgently, or by a specific date, please let us know by email and we will do whatever we can to accommodate you. Please note that if goods are returned to us undelivered, as you were not available at the time of their delivery and / or did not collect within the permitted time period, we are happy to resend the order to you but reserve the right to seek payment of the additional delivery cost prior to resending them to you. We cannot accept liability for goods lost in transit unless we are notified within 10 days from the expected delivery date.
If the goods arrive in a damaged condition, or if the goods despatched are not what you ordered, you must inform us within 7 days of delivery and return them to us within 30 days of despatch. We will resend you replacement goods or will refund you the cost of purchase.
If you are not satisfied with your goods for any other reason, please let us know by email and we will do our best to accommodate you. We will refund the cost of purchase of any goods returned to us provided they have not been used or damaged in any way and are returned to us within 30 days of your purchase. All returns must be sent to Breac.House, Lurgabrack, Horn Head, Dunfanaghy, CO. Donegal. F92YC56. In all cases, the cost of returning goods to us is always the responsibility of the purchaser.
5. Prices, Delivery Charges, Taxes and Duties
The prices of goods quoted on our website are inclusive of Irish Value Added Tax (VAT) at the applicable rate, but exclude delivery charges. Delivery charges are computed and disclosed separately at the time of ordering online and are based on the product weight and dimensions and the delivery address. Please note that orders despatched to an address outside of Ireland may be subject to import duties and taxes, payment of which are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
6. Product images and descriptions
We make every effort to ensure that our goods are portrayed accurately on our website but variations will occur as they are all unique, handmade items.
In respect of vouchers purchased from Breac.House, either online or in person, the following additional provisions apply :
- our vouchers have no expiry date but remain valid for an amount equal to amount paid at the time of purchase
- vouchers may only be used to redeem against a stay at Breac.House. They may not be used for any other purpose including purchase of products.
- there are no refunds available after vouchers have been purchased. Any credit remaining after a voucher has been used in part may be carried forward and used against a future stay.